Sunday 15 January 2006

About my Flash projects

I'm currently on a Work Placement from Uni, I work at a school near Birmingham and Dudley. We are currently developing for DigitalBrain a VLE(Virtual Learning Environment) that we share with the Dudley area. I currently am working on a VLE game as part of my job and have picked up from the previous technicians/web developers who were on a work placement at the school. Its giving me a good start in simple but solid game development and I'm loving developing in flash, (probably just because it is so easy).

The game is centred around two characters who get pulled into a portal and have to complete a series of interactive and educational games to get out. At the moment I have completed two sub games (minus some other additions like missing sounds, incomplete links etc..) and am now working on a point and click game in a Monkey Island vain based on the book Of Mice And Men.

The point and click is a much bigger task than the last two, and I only get time to work on it between technician jobs and between yabbering at me (sorry :p ). This in turn contains sub-games, three of which I have completed which are a Horseshoe throwing game a Jigsaw, and a collect the rabbits game(like Whack the Mole). Though I'm making it up as I go along :)

Ones of the hardest part is the script/structure of the game, I see myself as being best at graphics and programming, I really don't know where to start on putting dialogue and interactive items in the game. In monkey island for example, you had to steal a red herring behind a kitchen and give it to a troll guarding ...so perhaps I should just put some similiar tasks in like that.

You can see some screenshots here -the fonts are not displayed .. I'll have to look into embedding fonts

1 comment:

free essay writing said...

I hope you'll be able to make all your dreams come true! I wish I could help you at least in something! but I can only learn from you yet...