Wednesday, 30 May 2007

New Project - Ion Core

As usual its been a while since I've updated this blog, I'd like to take the opportunity to talk about my latest project; Ion Core. As well as the few tons of report that accompanied it, Ion Core was developed for my Final Year Project at Uni which I've recently finished and waiting for my results. I am really happy with the game and have gained a lot of good feedback. I am currently in the process of improving the game; first ironing out the small bugs or inconsistencies then new features will start to be added. Hopefully I will describe some of the new features here. You can read about Ion Core here.

I should probably mention my previous C++ game project; 'CastleWall'. Although software wise it was going fairly well in my spare time on my work placement I feel the game design has hit a brick wall. As a first project I think it was a bit to much to manage especially with the unfamiliar and unexplored game dynamics. I have learnt that you've got to start with a firm idea, usually described in a design document which to expand on in order to make a good game. Although I am proud of the progress in the game I feel abandoning is the best thing to do because I can work on more sure and feasible projects. I feel at the end of the day it was a good test bed for exploring some game components and features of the Ogre3D engine.






View More photos